Friday, October 29, 2010

Exam Week


This past week has not the most interesting in terms of getting out, well, much at all. As such, the beautiful picture of the week is the view of the large church in the town square from my apartment. Since I haven't been able to get out much, until today, I decided it was an appropriate photo.

I spent last week scrambling to get all of my papers and projects together (successfully!) and this week studying, studying, studying and then taking exams. The process of taking exams feels unnatural here. Instead of waking up like normal and going to my campus to take exams, I woke up, rode my bike 15 minutes away from campus, and took my exams in a large convention center with 1,000 other students. I thought that was very strange considering my largest class so far has had 14 students, but either way, I made it through them.

Either way, I feel confident that I have passed all of my exams and can prepare for my next visitors, my parents and uncle! They will arrive tomorrow, my mom's first time out of North America. I think they will greatly enjoy it. For the moment, I need to get outside, ride my bike, and breath in the fact that for the next few days, I have no schoolwork.